亚博体育have released a new report - "石墨烯市场和2D材料评估2021-2031" - granular ten-year graphene market forecasts, data-driven application assessment, benchmarking studies, 40+ interview-based company profiles, revenue/investment/capacity by player, outlook and opportunities for 2D materials beyond graphene.
The graphene market will reach $700m by 2031 - IDTechEx
Why use IDTechEx for research on graphene and other nanomaterials?
This report is the result of many years of ongoing research. We launched the first version of our report on CNTs and graphene in 2011 and 2012, respectively, and have been tracking the industries ever since. In addition to the initial research, we have organized business-focused events on this topic ourselves in Europe and USA; we have also attended and/or lectured at multiple relevant non-IDTechEx conferences in Asia, Europe and USA; we have interviewed more than 140 players worldwide; we have delivered masterclasses to business leaders; and we have completed major consulting custom projects. All this gives us an excellent and unrivalled insight into these industries.
Another unique point of strength for us is that we have extensive in-depth coverage of the end-use markets for these materials. In fact, we have a series of independent reports on such topics including energy storage, composites, conductive inks, flexible electronics, and more. This expertise on the end-use markets enables us to better understand the landscape in which these materials compete.
Graphene materials are progressing through their own hype curve. The commercialization has been making steady progress and IDTechEx expect the graphene market to significantly grow over the next decade.
Nanoplatelets are the closest to commercial success, with many market drivers and factors:
- 越来越多的行业经验:在早期graphene was oversold as a wonder material or a magic dust that would overnight revolutionize just about every industry. Naturally, with time, realism has set in. Today, graphene platelets are increasingly, and rightly, viewed as part of the expansive continuum of carbon additive materials.
- Increasing affordability: similar to CNTs, graphene powders and platelets are largely a substitute material providing an iterative improvement over carbon black, graphite or other additives. As such, it must compete on price as well as performance with incumbent solutions. As a new specialty material, graphene suffered from high and divergent (by orders of magnitude) prices and pricing strategies.
This has changed. Graphene platelet prices have fallen and are beginning to converge, for now. The prices will however not settle around a single point, reflecting the diversity of graphene types and giving it a speciality chemical character. Furthermore, suppliers will be reluctant to further cut costs out of fear of premature commoditization, although the continuation of this trend has an air of inevitability to it. In the long term, IDTechEx anticipates significant consolidation in the number graphene manufacturers over the next decade.
- This rise in revenue however has not always been accompanied with increasing profit. In fact, the opposite is often true in that losses have grown in line with revenues. Indeed, the industry, as a whole, is still loss making despite the existence of several profitable companies.
This is no surprise, but is likely to soon change. Experience has demonstrated that new materials take years, if not decades, to commercialize. Graphene is also no exception therefore this behaviour is in our view a natural part of growth process of the industry.
- Key market drivers include the necessity for improved thermal management, sustainability (with the role for graphene enabling use of recycled polymers, energy storage systems, and even concrete), lightweighting & product lifetime, and more.
石墨烯市场和2D材料评估2021-2031. We forecast that the market will grow from <$100m in 2020 to reach $700m by 2021. Since graphene is still largely an additive material, this means that we will find graphene, of different types, in numerous volume applications in the years to come. True success will be when graphene inclusion isn't the headline news but rather a largely unmentioned inclusion for economic reasons given the value added properties This success, it is worth remembering, will not have come overnight but will have been the results of almost two decades of steadfast global research and commercialization efforts.
Graphene films and wafers have had a very different history and outlook. Given the obvious potential, certain key applications were initially targeted includingtransistor然而，TCFS，缺乏带有制造挑战的带隙和高性能现任材料导致了不可避免的限制实现。然而，通过制造改进和进一步的发展，正在为传感器和光电应用观察商业成功。正在观察扩展，未来10年对某些关键最终用户市场非常有前途。
Non-graphene 2D materials?
What about other nanocarbons?
石墨烯不是第一个纳米碳或实际纳米材料添加剂，以脱离实验室;在整个报告中，重点基准测试采用竞争材料给出。从以前消失的材料也有很多东西可以学习;信息提供了多壁和单壁的商业进展。碳纳米管. MWCNTs went through a premature period of capacity expansion and it is only in the last few years that the significant revenues and next stages of expansion are beginning to emerge.
What does this report provide?
- Diversity of graphene on the market
- Pricing evolutions, trends and strategies worldwide for graphene
- Worldwide for Graphene供应商的标称生产能力
- Categorization of graphene manufacturers by production processes
- Granular analysis into the patent landscape
- Trends in company revenue and profit/loss
- 公司valuation trends
- Specific look at China (for graphene) covering key emerging Chinese suppliers, applications and prices
- Applications examples, pipeline and readiness levels for graphene.
Ten-year segmented market forecasts
- Ten-year application-segmented market projections for graphene (platelet and film) in volume and value. Segmented by 18 end-use applications.
这个报告有德icated chapters for key end-use applications. End-use applications include energy storage (lithium-ion, silicon anode, LiS,超级电容器and other); polymer composites (mechanically-enhanced, permeation-enhanced, electrically conductive, thermally conductive, EMI shielding, 3D printing filaments, tires, other); inks and coatings (anti-corrosion coating,RFID 天线, other); transistors; transparent conductive films; sensors; thermal interface materials; concrete & asphalt; e-textiles; metal matrix composites; filtration; and more.
To find out more about the IDTechEx report "Graphene Market & 2D Materials Assessment 2021-2031", please visitwww.IDTechEx.com/Grapheneor contact us atResearch@IDTechEx.com.